Once again we celebrated Chinese New Year at our house! This year is the Year of the Monkey, which is super special for me! I ended up making all kinds of food (the full menu is at the bottom if you’re interested!)
Min helped me pass out dessert!
So excited for monkey year! All 7 monkeys at our new year dinner!
I think this was a sign that the food was tasty!
What we consumed for the New Year:
- Pork bone soup with wintermelon, tofu and bok choy
- 90 homemade Dumplings (Amanda helped fry them all!)
- String beans with ground pork
- Eggplant in a spicy garlic sauce
- Soy sauce chicken
- Noodles with red peer, carrots mushrooms and egg (Olivia helped assemble everything)
- All the rice!
- A Pomelo
- Coconut Taro Tapioca Pudding (it started as a soup but gelled really quickly)
- Some Japanese cheesecake
We finished up pretty much all of the food and there was only soup and pudding left! Hope this New Year is a great one!