Here’s What We’ve been up to Lately…

This past week we worked on our negative carving. Basically we were supposed to recreate 2 premolars and 2 molars from a rectangular blob of wax. We put the blob of wax on our tooth pegs, and while the wax was still warm, we put our arches into our jaws and squashed them together. This gave us the outline for the heights and rough shapes of our teeth and from there we carved away the wax. By far I think that this has been the most annoying assignment mainly since my wax kept popping off of my teeth. I was pretty proud of my final product though =) They actually kinda look and function like teeth!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s